[T-SHIRT] was: [FIX][OSProcess][Unix][VMMaker] OSProcessFix-sr v2.0

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 23 18:50:24 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:48:26PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> > I think that this is going to be some obscure problem in sqXWindow.c,
> > but it will be a hard bug to find. Whatever the problem is, at least
> > it is repeatable now.
>
> It is just not a good idea to call shmExit() in the child.
>
> Also, you should be using _exit() instead of exit() when exec() failed,
> because the latter calls the atexit functions which harm the running
> image.
>
> I'll attach a changeset. Do I get a T-Shirt now? :-)

OK, the t-shirt is in the mail. You should receive it at the university
in about a week.

It's a particularly nauseating shade of lime green with Tim's world
famous, universally acclaimed Squeak logo on the front. My girlfriend
took one look at it, gasped in horror, and exclaimed "Oh! I'ts *awful*!!!"
I think you're going to like it a lot.

Prospective T-shirt builders who would like to carry on the long
standing tradition of sending t-shirts to worthy Squeakers can obtain
the logo from http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/squeak.html. I used
a Gildan brand t-shirt in a remarkable shade of lime green, and the deed
was done by a small shop in Ferndale, Michigan called, appropriately
enough, "Dramatic Graphics."

Dave