reading projects from the net - working ?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Mar 24 23:35:36 UTC 2002

On Sunday 24 March 2002 02:37 pm, Bob Arning wrote:

> As to loading this (a fairly new project) into older versions of squeak,
> there may well be problems. Since squeak is constantly moving forward, the
> simplest assumption is that people will be using somewhat current versions
> and projects are published for those versions. I was able to load it in
> squeak 3.2 with no problems:

I was able to load this once, but the second time failed (I'd restarted
Squeak cleanly in between, of course).

Part of the project loaded, but then I was presented with a dialog that said:

Trouble resolving server name "LearningMorphic.013". Keep trying?

And then I got a large number of MNU errors from processMouseOver:
(leftMorphs was nil).

Error: UndefinedObjects are not indexable
24 March 2002 3:30:47 pm

VM: unix - Squeak3.2gamma of 15 January 2002 [latest update: #4743]
Image: Squeak3.2gamma [latest update: #4743]

UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aString: 	'UndefinedObjects are not indexable'
	Receiver's instance variables:
nil
UndefinedObject(Object)>>errorNotIndexable
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:

	Receiver's instance variables:
nil
UndefinedObject(Object)>>size
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:

	Receiver's instance variables:
nil
MouseOverHandler>>processMouseOver:
	Receiver: a MouseOverHandler
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		anEvent: 	[590 at 248 590 at 248 mouseMove 102048]
		hand: 	a HandMorph(315)
		localEvt: 	nil
		focus: 	nil
		evt: 	nil
		m: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
		mouseOverMorphs: 	#(a PreDebugWindow(2363) a PasteUpMorph(2687) [world])
		enteredMorphs: 	nil
		overMorphs: 	nil
		leftMorphs: 	nil

--- The rest of the stack ---
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess

It seems like it's broken in some way w/r/t loading, and the UI is also
broken during program loading.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA