Squeak on framebuffer?

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Mar 26 17:43:21 UTC 2002

Framebuffer would be neat, but I think a better idea would be an SDL-enabled
Squeak...that way we could support any graphical target, whether it be
X11, framebuffer or OpenGL (not to mention the different sound output targets
SDL knows about).

I once tried to get framebuffer Squeak running on my iPaq, but not being very
graphics-saavy, I didn't get very far (I did get the Morphic interface to
draw on the screen, but the colours were screwed up, and no pen/mouse input).
I pieced together some framebuffer code from various sources to make it
work...I think the bulk of it was a modified version of the Helio framebuffer
code.  Eventually I just gave up on it. :)