Shrinking Squeak...

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at vsnl.com
Tue Mar 26 17:52:09 UTC 2002

Frankly, I wanted to run Squeak independent of a graphics system like X on
the Linux kernel.
This I wanted to run on a solid state computer I have.
The biggest problem is it has only 8Mb of disk.
And the greatest advantages are:
The machine has great sound, amazing graphics capabilities, networking
(built in modem and a onboard ethernet), keyboard and a mouse (ofcourse, 3
button :)
I can hook on a standard VGA monitor and I have a Squeak machine ready :)
A perfect students computer, no Floppy, no CD Drive, no HDD ;)

I don't think Morphic or Balloon would be an absolute essential for a newbie
whos about to start off on Squeak.

~Mayuresh