Squeak will become illegal in the US under the CBDTPA?

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 18:09:21 UTC 2002

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Ned Konz wrote:
> The Hollings-Feinstein CBDTPA bill pending in the US will, AFAICT, make
> Squeak illegal unless we add approved "digital rights management" code to it.
>

> Those of you outside the US may think you're free of this interference, but
> the global entertainment industry is not likely to stop at the US.

Yep. I think we've been watching this with jaws a gape.

Strangely, most of the special effects people (Titanic, LOTR) use Linux which
will probably also become illegal, so at least the global entertainment
industry will be shooting itself in the pocket!

Didn't you guys once start a revolution over a sack of tea?

Cheers

John

--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use