Squeak for everyday use??

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at vsnl.com
Tue Mar 26 18:30:22 UTC 2002

Hi,

Lets suppose, I want to use Squeak on a regular basis for the following
tasks, how could I possibly go around achieving my goals?

1. Web surfing (not too heavy, mostly googling around)
2. EMails (lots of them, filtering, PGP would be great ;)
   [handling around 300 mails a day]
3. Telnet (thats one of the most important things in my life :)
   [is there SSH available too??] <grin>
4. Document preparation
   (usually LaTeX, would like some way to view .ps files)
5. Journal keeping (pure text, almost 8 years of data, need some
   encryption technique, certainly wouldn't want my to-be wife to
   read _some_ of those entries ;)
6. A bit of music (mostly MP3)
7. A bit of drawing (mostly rough concept drawings done while on
   the move)
8. PIM (Schedules, AddressBook)

~Mayuresh