Squeak for everyday use??

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Mar 27 05:34:58 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:35:15 +0530, Mayuresh Kathe <mayuresh at vsnl.com>
wrote:

> If not Morphic, what did you use to create the UI?

The browser was written for a highly modified version of Squeak, back
around version 2.4 or something like that (whatever was current in 1997).
Morphic wasn't really even usable back then, so I didn't even consider
using it.

The web pages were all drawn directly on the window. I used modified
Paragraph objects to display the text.

We (at Interval) had our own windowing system, our own graphics primitives,
and so on.

All of the layout will need to be redone. I have started on that, but it
needs many many hours of work.

Later,
Jon