Squeak list downtime

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 28 19:31:27 UTC 2002

Hi,

Yesterday, we finished the first part of our upgrade from BIND to djbdns on
our nameservers. This went all fine, except for the fact that I overlooked
that squeakfoundation.org used different nameserver IP addresses from our
other 30thousandsomething domains. That resulted in a nameserver failure for
the domain, and therefore mail will have been lingering in queues all over the
world...

I just fired up two temporary nameserver processes on the IP addresses used
for squeakfoundation.org, and I corrected the nameserver setup of the domain
to reflect our standard practice so this won't happen again.

My apologies. On the positive side, I hope y'all enjoyed the quietness ;-)

Regards,

Cees
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>