Apple hyping java...

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Wed Mar 27 14:39:50 UTC 2002

Help me I¹m going to puke...

>From the article at
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/top_news_item.cfm?NewsID=4425

³Apple views Java as being the technology that enables people to develop and
deploy applications across multiple platforms.

³We chose Java because we believe that no matter how big a company or what
kind of organization you are, you¹re going to have a heterogeneous network
with many different platforms sitting on it on many devices.

³Java is the leader in this space right now ­ in fact, it¹s probably the
only player in the space for providing a cross-platform technology. And
that¹s why Apple chose to support Java in OS X ­ because Apple believes that
Java is the glue binding all these systems together²