Changing pretty printing colors

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Mar 29 00:02:18 UTC 2002

Martin Drautzburg wrote:

> Can anyone give me a quick hint where I can change the colors for
> pretty printed source code or at least where I should start looking.

How I found this:

I knew that magenta (a nasty color if there ever was one) was one of the colors used in the color pretty-printing, so I turned on color pretty-printing and put a halt in Color class>>magenta.

The debugger popped up right away (and I had to revert my change), and in the debugger stack I noticed that the class DialectStream seems to do the color highlighting stuff.  From there, I noticed that DialectStream class>>initializeST80ColorTable seems to be the method where the colors are set.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com