[SqueakEnd] and modules

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Mar 30 05:36:58 UTC 2002

Stephen Pair wrote:

> Since Dan is tentatively scheduled to give a presentation on modules at
> the SqueakEnd/MMWorkshop, I thought it would be a good idea to have a
> project oriented around that.  I've only been following modules off and
> on for the last 5 or 6 months and don't really know what issues are
> critical at the moment.
>
> Can anyone comment on the current state of modularity and what they
> think might make for a good module oriented project at SqueakEnd?

I agree that a module-related project might be a good one for the
SqueakEnd, since a bunch of core Squeak folks will be there.

I wonder if it might be appropriate to try to work on converting another
chunk or two of Squeak to be cleanly unloadable?  (I thought I'd heard
that unloading works, and that there are a couple parts of the system
that are unloadable right now, something like Balloon.  Is this true?  I
haven't poked around with trying to unload anything yet.)

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com