Comments welcome: designer look for squeak

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Mar 30 10:07:05 UTC 2002

Martin Drautzburg wrote:

> "Norton, Chris" <chrisn at Kronos.com> writes:
>
> > If you are interested in changing Squeak's look, I encourage you!  More
> > power to you.  But you may want to see why those other efforts failed before
> > you spend a lot of time on this.
>
> I am not a designer. My main point is not about programming. One of
> the reasons why these projects get discontiued might me that there is
> no common understanding what squeak should look like. For the same
> reason I believe we do not need themes.

For me Squeak is so many things, not just a windowing gui, so I quit
thinking about look of it as soon as I had learned enough
to start changing it. I think lot's of people see it the same way,
Squeak is more a way of thinking and a language than a look.
On the other side I think a good look would attract people as
any good looking stuff do:-)
As soon as the modules stuff gets integrated into all the major
tools, it may become easier to maintain a look package.

Karl