Why can't I do (aNonSmallInteger becomeFoward: aSmallInteger)?

Brian Keefer mgomes21 at cox.net
Sun Mar 31 06:42:20 UTC 2002

I'm guessing the reason is more involved than "because nobody asked", but
such a capability would be nice for my dinky little LazyObject class. I
suppose a reasonable workaround would be to force my SmallInteger into a
Large(Positive|Negative)Integer, or make a wrapper for the SmallInteger.

"All I need to know about Smalltalk I learned from Sesame Street"
magicianMumford become: PeanutButterSandwich new.