Remote access to Celeste db?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed May 1 04:21:09 UTC 2002

Aaron J Reichow wrote:

> I'd like to switch to Celeste.  What has kept me back from doing so is
> that there's no lo-tek way to access my old email remotely.  Which is why
> I continue to use pine. By lo-tek, I mean some way that's accessible by
> just telnet/ssh.
Hmm, how about some sort of web access to Celeste as well? Craig & I
have considered trying a telnet server in Flow for another project. Or
would making Celeste work with IMAP be useful? - or even make an IMAP server?

The main thing I'd like to see sorted out in Celeste is not fetching
messages twice when leaving messages on thre server. This would make it
easy to use at home and on the road.

tim