Is BC worth the image format switch?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed May 1 06:15:19 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> said:
>[...] Anthony implemented a variant of that stack mechanism but exposed it to
>the Smalltalk code rather than hiding it. I'm not entirely sure I like
>that part, but I haven't had time to examine it properly yet. The worst
>problem of which I'm aware is the lack of support for swapSender: and
>callCC - important for coroutining etc.

That would be Bad. It would break existing code (Seaside) and it would
close the door to interesting experiments.

Is this exposure something intrinisic to the BC image or would it be possible
to wrap a compatibility interface around it?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>