[RFI] Possible enhancements to work on at the Squeak-End

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu May 2 05:17:55 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Doug Way wrote:

> Here are some RFI's (Requests For Implementation) that I've been jotting
> down over the last several months.
>
> These are basically some ideas for enhancements to Squeak, some of which
> should be small enough for folks to implement at the Squeak-End, which
> I'll be attending.  (not everyone likes to work on bug-fixes, sometimes
> new features are more fun)

Indeed!

[snip]
> * "Decompress to file" Should Refresh
>    The "decompress to file" menu item in the FileList (for .gz files)
> should refresh the file list afterward, and probably select the
> decompressed file, too.
[snip]

Eh..Why not have "view decompressed" as the default, and inside the
FileList content pane? I mean, does *anyone* need to look at the raw
compressed bytestream?

Using CrLfFileStream (for *viewing* only, not changing everywhere in the
system) would be good too. At least as a checkable option.

Being able to directly file-in/browse code/etc. cs.gz stuff would be nice
as well.

Etc. etc. I like this one.

Another fun task: Swapping in the enchanced ParseNodes and synching pretty
printing with them.

Oh, updating Prolog/V and TGen to (make sure they) work with 3.2.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia