Big Fonts

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Thu May 2 18:43:21 UTC 2002

Eric Scharff <Eric.Scharff at Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> I use a Mac program called BitFont, which can generate fonts for inclusion
> in Squeak.  The advantage of BitFont is that it can render any Mac
> TrueType fonts at any size.  I've had good luck with making big TrueType
> fonts on the Mac and importing them into squeak
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/952
>
> Note that a little while back I reported some bugs introduced in BitFont
> importing sometime between 3.0 and 3.2g.  See my email of 22-Apr.
> However, these are not major problems.

You find a Windows only solution done by Andreas Raab under
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/squeak/message/39510

It uses the TrueType to bitmap rendering function of the host OS and
imports
the result as a StrikeFont. Andreas gives an example how to do big
fonts.
The mail includes a FontPlugin DLL and a change set.

Regards
Hannes