Modules at SqueakEnd (Re: Is BC worth the image format switch?)

Henrik Gedenryd h.gedenryd at open.ac.uk
Fri May 3 13:36:46 UTC 2002

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> I put a link to this on the SqueakEnd/Conference Swiki:
>
> http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/mmWorkshop/28
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan Parsia.

We 've now moved these pages to Minnow, see

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/Modules

the refatoring guide page is still in progress.

This page has been significantly expanded (I counted to about 30-35 pages in
all).

There is now a brief

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ModulesFAQ

that you can add to, and a new "Modules: progress made so far"

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ModulesProgressMade

with lots of information and demos of the current state of the project.

Alexandre wrote a quick intro to modules with storing and loading.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/SimpleModuleExample

> SqueakEnd is nigh. Dan will be giving a talk about modules. There are some
> projects for modularizing chunks. Hacking will happen. A prep list of
> Tasks To Do would likely stimulate some work.

Such as

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ModulesToDo

or

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ToDoModularizingImage

? Essentially, modularizing is the top pripority, we're writing how to:s and
I have tried to set some priorities in the second of these pages.

> One question I have is about what happens if you do the little "replace
> the pool&category part of the class definition with module ref" on a
> change set...do the things filed in end up inside the mentioned modules?

The original text of

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/PortToModules

was right, you only need to edit the category string, see the corrected page
now.

Henrik