Squeak 3.2 UNIX - A newbie's plead

Martin Altobello martin_altobello at yahoo.com.ar
Fri May 3 01:50:56 UTC 2002

Greetings,

El mié, 01-05-2002 a las 11:28, Ned Konz escribió:
> On Tuesday 30 April 2002 03:52 pm, Martin Altobello wrote:
>
> > Now I have Squeak3.2gamma up and running in Linux Mandrake 8.2. It
> > looks a bit different and I have to get used to just one button and
> > no scrool wheel, but it works! :D
>
> If you build the VM from the Sourceforge sources, you'll have the
> proper mouse wheel behavior and buttons.

I went to minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2173, followed the instructions
and I obteined a new vm 3.2-4743.

Now the mouse wheel works fine and Squeak's looks is more familiar, but
the second button brings up the halo, which isn't the same behavior as
in Windows, you get a pop up menu (e.g. in the FileList, you can right
click, then "file in").

Also, alt + left click doesn't bring up the halo, but alt + shift + left
click.

Is that the proper behavior for the linux version? It's not big a deal,
as I was "clicking" I discovered that if you press ctrl + left click you
get the pop up menu too.

Regards,

Martín