For Linux and FreeBSD (WAS Re: JPEGReadWriter2Plugin - Where can I get a Win32 binary?)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri May 3 21:18:24 UTC 2002

Yisrael Lowenstein <gte356h at prism.gatech.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> >I also tried the IceAge mpeg clip Yisrael pointed out and it seems to
> >run just fine, ok even as full screen( a few glitches and sound
> >artifacts).
>
> When you ran this, you just played it?  or you saved it out to a
> JPEGMovie and then played it from that?  If so, what system and vm and
> image are you using...I can't get the JPEGReadWriter2Plugin to work on
> anything but my mac...
Play the mpg, no problem. Use the MPegMoviePlayer (any chance we can get
rid of some of the obsolete stuff guys? All it does is add confusion)
menu to save as jpeg movie - it plays direct to the Display (not really
the proper thing to do in my view) and saves ok, then playing the
created .jmv files works perfectly.

Again, RH7.1/x86 using recently built VM from SF/VMMaker.

tim

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.