[Bug] [VM] [FreeBSD] Plugins

Joern Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at syngenio.de
Sat May 4 00:23:15 UTC 2002

I guess this has only ever been tried with gnu make; using "gmake" instead of "make" on the SF compile farm works for me.

My Makefile looks like this (all plugins internal)
"
PLUGINS_O:=$(PLUGINS_O)   Mpeg3Plugin.o $(LIBMPEG_BUILD_DIR)/libmpeg3.a
PLUGINS_O:=$(PLUGINS_O)   ADPCMCodecPlugin/ADPCMCodecPlugin.o ... {this is probably your line 453, note the Mpeg3Plugin is not in the list }
VM_O=           $(CORE_O) $(PLUGINS_O) $(INTERP).o
"

So deleting the $(PLUGINS_O) would probably lose me the internally built Mpeg3Plugin.

Instead, I *think* it might be a little bit more portable to change
   PLUGINS_O:=$(PLUGINS_O) ...
into
   PLUGINS_O +=  ...

in

   platforms/unix/misc/util/mkMake
   platforms/unix/plugins/Mpeg3Plugin/mkMakeRules

I'll try this tomorrow. I have some other tweaks pending from trying to build under Solaris, I hope to wrap this up over the weekend and post everything I have.

Joern