[Morphic][look] Re: [updates] 25 for 3.2gamma

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sat May 4 05:28:32 UTC 2002

(resent with correct date, sorry...)

Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org> wrote:

> 4842themes-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 21 April 2002
> Adds a simple mechanism that allows groups of preference-settings and other system configuration parameters to be installed all at once, via a 'choose theme...' button now added to the Squeak flap; the command is also accessible from the appearance menu and on the help page of the Preferences panel.
> A few themes are supplied, including:
> * outOfTheBox - all of the out-of-the-box 3.2 settings of preferences.  Features the 'alternative' window and scroll-bar looks; scrollbars are NOT flop-out, and are positioned on the right.
> * smalltalk80 - as similar to the look and feel of smalltalk-80 as we can get; caution: Many features are disabled!
> * brightSqueak - the classic Squeak look with our original candy-colored windows, flop-out scrollbars,
> Themes can be added by simply implementing theme-defining methods in category #themes of Preferences.  Two examples (magdeburg and paloAlto) of personalized themes are provided as examples."
> 	EToyListenerMorph addToGlobalIncomingQueue: {
> 		((Form extent: 32 at 32 depth: 16) fillColor: Color red).
> 		RectangleMorph new.
> 		'bob'.
> 		'1.2.3.4'
> 	}.
> ===

Scott,

Thank you so much for including this 'themes framework' changeSet. It
gives a lot of additional flexibility of tailoring Squeak for different
audiences. I like that I can switch a theme quickly from the 'Squeak'
flap. I can do now application specific subsets of the GUI of different
levels of complexity fairly easily.

Regards
Hannes