Code Growth

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sat May 4 11:44:59 UTC 2002

Quoth Dan Ingalls (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/393):

	We have refered in the past to "Basic Squeak" an attempt to
	re-simplify the essence of Squeak and revive the ideal of a
	general and powerful system that is nonetheless approachable
	by novices. While this project is still near the top of our
	priorities, it is (obviously ;-) on hold at this time. Our
	feeling is that we still need to extend our reach as we are
	doing with scripting and the e-toy environment, and try out a
	number of end-user applications in a web-based architecture,
	before we will really know what the kernel should be and how
	it wants to be seen by users. As we have said when people
	groan about code bloat in Squeak, "It's going to get worse
	before it gets better." But it WILL get better.

Joshua