Building debian package

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun May 5 01:16:28 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 01:30:53PM +0200, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i can build a VM binary with the sourceforge CVS source without
> problems but i can't build the debian packages. I'm trying to make a
> dpkg-buildpackage without success. What is the procedure to follow ?

It should be explained in the misc/debian/README.Debian file.  Off the top
of my head, you need to make a directory named "squeak-3.2.4817" (where
the version number is correct -- see debian/changelog).  Then put
into that directory all of the following things:

    SF's "platforms" directory (including at least unix and Cross)
    a "src" directory generated by VMMaker
    a symbolic link from "debian" to platforms/unix/misc/debian

If you want a source package as well as a binary package, you need
to also create a .orig.tar.gz file of all this stuff.  For convenience,
there is an option at the bottom of ./debian/rules; I think you can
just type "./debian/rules targz".

Hope it goes well!

Lex