rounded corners (was: Re: straw-man 3.2 default preferences)

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 6 17:48:57 UTC 2002

On Mon, 06 May 2002, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

//major snip//

> 	The two most recent major GUIs both have rounded
> 	window corners.  I'm sure they pay a lot for professional
> 	designers.  On a related note, Macs have had rounded screen
> 	corners for ages, but surely not for any usability reason.

Strangely, the default look for KDE 3.0 is not rounded, but there is a rounded
(GTK) theme available. They paid lots of designers absolutely nothing!

Personally, I like the rounded Squeak windows: if I need more screen space I
just pop up another instance of Squeak on another of my (multiple) desktops
(and pay attention to which image I save).

Some things are easier with Linux!

Cheers

John

--