[Win32] VM update (3.2 release candidate)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon May 6 20:57:07 UTC 2002

>John,
>
>Wanted to ask this the last time around:
>
>>  given gcc 2.95.3 on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE-p28 i386
>
>What MHz and CPU?! The result of the benchmark is meaningless otherwise
>;-)
>
>Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Ah, I'm not sure why it would be meaningless?

If I benchmark program "A" on cpu "A" then benchmark program "A+" on
cpu "A" and say there was a 29% difference between the two runs, then
well there is a 29% difference, so if I've not screwed up then my '+'
change must have done something?

However it's a 350Mhz dual pentium II box, or was that III, with 512MB of ram.
average load: 0.11 0.09 0.08

In case you are attempting to compare to cpu box 'B' or have some
bytecode etc constant to intel Mhz ratio?