the Interpreter stimulator

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu May 9 01:38:57 UTC 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Craig Latta wrote:

> heya--
>
> > Craig tried, and failed, to get an InterpreterSimulator going for
> > me...is anyone running this on a regular basis or can point to a
> > known good version? I'd really like to just *see* this.
>
> 	Of course I couldn't just let this one go. :)

You just needed the right incentive. What *else* have you got to show
me? :)

> 	And, of course, I got it running after about another fifteen minutes at
> home. :)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

[snip working instructions]

It worked. I am satisfied and happy. We should put this on the Swiki.

Yay!

Craig Rules.
> Interpreter>>arrayValueOf: answered self, instead of the class name we
> were trying to confirm. And to get that far I had to fix
> InterpreterSimulator>>ioLoadExternalFunction:OfLength:FromModule:OfLength:
> (the block that populates functionString was trying to write to
> pluginString again). I moved on/back to 2.7 at that point. I assume that
> debugging the simulator is even hairier in post-2.8 releases. :)

Oh, dear. It would be nice for this to work with current releases.

> 	The last time I ran the simulator was in Summer 1999, when I was
> debugging a scanned-sound-synthesis plugin I wrote. It was very handy!

And cool! What a *sexy demo*!

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.