Will the real sqUnixSocket.c step forward?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri May 10 10:21:51 UTC 2002

Nevin Pratt <nevin at smalltalkpro.com> wrote:
> So far I haven't noticed any hiccups, on either FreeBSD (Intel) or
> RedHat Linux.  It seems to work fine.
>
> So, what advantage would taking the time to build again (thus using
> Ian's updates) bring?
>
> Nevin

Well, if you don't have any problems then I don't think you need to
bother. :-)

The new version might perform slightly better I guess. One problem was
that the SF version (and Ian's last version) busylooped sometimes in the
Socket code. This starved out other Squeak Processes on the same
priority.

regards, Göran