versioning

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun May 12 01:26:18 UTC 2002

On 10 May 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> I don't want to spoil your fun, but since I've started working with StORE
> (on VisualWorks), I find the other stuff unbearable and I rather just
> shift changesets around when working with Squeak. Maybe we should beg
> Cincom for the StORE sources ;-)

Ah, well, I agree that something like StORE is very nice; however, being
able to integrate with the flat-file world is very useful.  I'll be doing
some work soon with a company whose work flow is currently very based
around CVS, and since I'm helping them migrate to Smalltalk, I thought I'd
see if I could get reasonable integration between Squeak and CVS to ease
the transition.

As for StORE, even if we can't get it open-sourced, couldn't we cleanroom
a system that used the same DB schema, so that Squeak and VW could share
repositories?

Avi