[Modules] [Q] How to deal with stray-modules?

Henrik Gedenryd h.gedenryd at open.ac.uk
Sun May 12 20:59:24 UTC 2002

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:

> ***
> How do I make my class, once again, part of a living module?
> ***

The only thing you can't do with this module is anything to do with reaching
it via its path.

If you e.g. open an inspector on the instance then you can send any message
to it via 'self'. 'self move...' etc

> It's a bug that classes can be moved to stray module, in fact, stray
> modules should not cooperate in any changes to the system at all. I've
> just sent a fix to this particular bug.

This is unrealistic. It would require essentially every method to contain
this check.

> PS - I petition to move "save and quit" apart from "quit". Who's with
> me?

I agree--I got bitten by the same thing yesterday. Could be that the menu
morphs are so dang slow that you release the button to try again before they
appear.

Just moving save and quit to under save would suffice.

The problem with "save as new version" is that I have to go thru them and
figure out what they are. So I now prefer save as with a meaningful name.