Remote Code Browser?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue May 14 06:12:46 UTC 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Aaron J Reichow wrote:

> A while ago (perhaps in 2.7?) I played with a PWS Action that allowed one
> to browse/edit code from a webbrowser, with the Class Browser-like
> interface.  Can't find it in the current image... anyone know where i
> could find it?

This may not be as lightweight as you'd like, but one of the examples in
Seaside does the same thing - you can see it in action at
http://beta4.com:8000/seaside/browser

Grab it at
http://beta4.com/seaside/downloads/seaside-0.93.cs

I find it interesting that, at least on my machine, Seaside + Mozilla
provides a snappier browser interface than Morphic does.  Unfortunately, a
textarea is more or less impossible to write code in; otherwise, I'd
think seriously about a full web-based browser set.

Cheers,
Avi