Unix VM still coughing sockets...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue May 14 14:19:51 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 05:51 am, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> I still end up sometimes with Processes in #waitForDataUntil:
> running wild on me and chewing up all the CPU. I attached a silly
> GIF to show you that I am not hallucinating. (the reason for so
> many of them is that the CPU watcher suspends the naughty guy and
> asks me what to do and then another one pops up - I guess it is
> Comanche doing it)

So what's the timeout? It doesn't seem that waiting on a semaphore for
a timeout (presumably in the multi-second range) could eat up 71% of
the CPU. Waiting should eat precisely 0 until the timeout.

Perhaps there's a problem with the CPUWatcher. I'll take a look at it
today.

Do you see the system (OS) CPU usage being high as well?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com