screen size (was: processors and FP)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu May 16 00:54:03 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 04:11 pm, Aaron J Reichow wrote:

> Sound: If possible, 44.1+ KHz stereosound, for playing MP3s.
> Keyboard: Some way to hook up an external keyboard, perhaps USB,
> PS/@ or serial.
> Other: Dual PCMCIA or CF - to add ethernet or a memory card
>
> Size isn't a big deal to me- as long as it's open enough such that
> I've control over my own software destiny...
>
> I suppose that would by my perfect PDA.

Have you seen the LART?

The LART is a small yet powerful embedded computer capable of running
Linux. Its performance is around 250 MIPS while consuming less than 1
Watt of power. In a standard configuration it holds 32MB DRAM and 4MB
Flash ROM, which is sufficient for a Linux kernel and a sizeable
ramdisk image.

http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/

220 MHz Digital SA-1100 StrongARM CPU
32 Mbyte EDO RAM
4 MB Intel Fast boot block Flash memory
Power usage < 1 W
Performance > 200 MIPS
a stereo 16-bit 44k1 audio output, at line and headphone levels
a 44-pin 2mm IDE/ATA interface
a connector for our single or quad Ethernet board
two PS/2 connectors (keyboard and mouse)
mono audio I/O from an UCB1200
connectors for POTS, IrDA, USB client, video and touchscreen

Though I don't think anyone's packaged it yet. However, it will drive
a LCD.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com