screen size (was: processors and FP)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu May 16 04:23:08 UTC 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> > I suppose that would by my perfect PDA.
>
> Have you seen the LART?
> [...]
> Though I don't think anyone's packaged it yet. However, it will drive
> a LCD.

Yes, and it definately looks interesting.  But I'm not a hardware guy.  In
fact, I think I'm a bit of a hardware-o-phobe.  I wish I had the skills to
throw together a PDA with a LART and some stock parts, but in the end, my
cost would probably be 10 times that of just buying an off-the-shelf PDA
with similar specs, and would take a lot of work outside of my domain.  I
certainly wouldn't mind learning, I'd love it, but I just don't think it's
practical for me.  I've almost literally no idea where to start with
something like this- how to turn a bunch of CAD files into a working LART
with a serial console.  Even if I did, I've an awful feeling that the cost
would end up being like $600 when all is said and done.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson