Zurgle 1.0a [Trekker petition]

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Thu May 16 06:14:38 UTC 2002

Cees,

There are a couple of ways to do what you describe.. Number one is to take
the bitmaps, figure out the wanted color saturations that you are trying to
achieve, and apply an algorithmic color change when instantiating a window.
This is a little challenging, but probably wouldn't be too bad code wise.
However, it probably would never look really perfect. You could use
Hirschfelds AspectS package to hook into the window instantiation model and
do the bitmap tweeking.

An alternative is to write a "drawn" theme, one that does not rely on
bitmaps like the Luna style does. Zurgle has the concept of drawing blocks
that you can attach to the raw window frames to write your own window
surround drawing code. However, I think that it's pointless to just recreate
other peoples looks if you are jumping in this deep.

Either way, I think you also have to rethink the design of all of the
controls and such. The controls are all essentially bitmaps, so the
"drawing" strategy doesn't work there currently.

Jim