Squeak on CASIO BE-300/500

Kazuhiro ABE pg3k-ab at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu May 16 17:00:54 UTC 2002

Hello,

I ported Squeak to CASIO BE-500(aka CASSIOPEIA l'agenda). BE-500 is
Japanese PDA that works with Embedded WindowsCE 3.0, VR4131 166 MHz CPU,
16MB RAM and 16MB ROM.

http://www.casio.co.jp/lagenda/
(in Japanese)

The VM is here. Please copy & paste following URL to your web browser
directly. The error 403 will be occurred by hyperlink.
http://isweb28.infoseek.co.jp/computer/abee2/smalltalk/squeak/Squeak29BE.zip

It based on Ned Konz-san's 2.9VM for H/PC.
http://nedkonz.dhs.org:8080/Ned/6

And Ian Prince-san reported me it ran on CASIO BE-300(aka CASSIOPEIA
Pocket Manager) too. (Thanks Ian!)

http://www.casio.com/personalpcs/product.cfm?section=175&product=3980

He said  that it worked fine with MiniSqueak 2.2 and majorShrinked
Squeak 2.7 and did not work with full-sized 2.7 and TinySqueak 3.0 (out
of memory, may be).

He also tested Ohshima-san's 3.1a6 VM for PocketPC with Qta-san's dummy
PocketPC DLL for BE-500. But it did not work ("SHCreateMenuBar failed"
error occurred).

http://homepage2.nifty.com/qta/lagenda/#ETC
(in Japanese)

Enjoy!