Environment from Squeak+better language=>I'm happy

Raymond Tiefenthal r.tiefenthal at gmx.de
Fri May 17 19:17:26 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am a lurker since 98, when I found Squeak. I have an itch to say
something, because I  came across Haskell, a functional prog. language and I
like it much better than Smalltalk, though Smalltalk is still better than
all mainstream languages, in my opinion. What bothers me, is the absence of
a nice graphical envrionment where the user, the programmer and all the code
live in. I like the idea of a living system, with living objects, where you
can change everything on the fly, while it's running. I have a funny feeling
that quite soon there will be a "allmost prefect" computing experience in
which the operating system, the prog. language(s), the GUI are unified in
one single piece software. Ever since 81 I've been waiting for the perfect
software, I can wait some more :) Ya, I want to add, that Squeak got me
interested again in programming and CS and that I'm thankfull for that and
after looking at Haskell my hope grew even more. I will continue to use and
keep an eye on Squeak.

bye