Potential bug in becomeForward:, need help!

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 19:10:53 UTC 2002

Frank Seargent wrote:

You may be right, of course, but I am not entirely sure you actually
NEED a working becomeForward:.  An alternate strategy would be to
continue to use just the proxy but to add an instance variable to the
proxy which would be nil when the real object was not materialized and
would point to the real object when it was materialized.

Hmmm..  That is an interesting idea I had not considered.

I'll have to think about that.  Being 99.5% done, I'm pretty certain it would
throw a monkey wrench into several areas of my implementation at this point,
but I'll have to see.

Thanks!