VMMaker problems (CVS sources)

Rob Withers rwithers12 at attbi.com
Sun May 19 03:38:41 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> I just freshened my CVS tree from Sourceforge, cleaned everything out,
> generated VM sources (with all plugins internal), made a new build
> directory, and tried to run configure.

Ned, you will need to use the newer version of
VMMaker32-7.{part1&part2}.5.cs.  I did the work to allow this version of
VMMaker to be used successfully with unix.  Perhaps I could have left
platform.exports alone, so that the unix tree would continue to work
with older versions of VMMaker.

With your older VMMaker, if you just touch this file
(platforms/unix/vm/platform.exports), does it compile for you?  There
were other changes in platforms/unix/misc/util/mkMake and
platforms/unix/plugins/Mpeg3Plugin/mkMakeRules that reflect this change
and the change in how VMMaker32-7.5 generates plugins for internal use
(-DSQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN).  If this doesn't work for you, I'll send you
a mkMake file that supports platform.exports.

Rob