Squeak limits

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Mon May 20 19:50:40 UTC 2002

Squeak is getting slower because your new collection is in new space and
is very large.  This means that the incremental garbage collector is
scanning this entire ordered collection every few milliseconds.  Forcing
a full GC after the allocation should force the object into old space,
where the incremental GC will not scan it.  But, any store into the
large collection of a young object will once again cause incremental GC
to scan the ordered collection.

It's best not to have such large collections.  Trying breaking things up
into a smaller collections.

- Stephen