[Modules] Harvesting modules?

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Wed May 22 18:14:57 UTC 2002

Daniel -- One possibility would be to record refactorings as /commands/ rather than code changes. So when a module (or any change set for that matter) gets imported the refactorings are run against the new system. I think that would go a long way towards removing the brittleness of certain changes.

Of course, live refactorings would have their own issues. Something like a "Refactoring Preface" to hold the refactorings might be in order. Then you could opt not to run the refactorings.

david

--
David Farber
dfarber at numenor.com