[Modules] Who's afraid of making modules?

stephane ducasse (home) ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed May 22 19:44:22 UTC 2002

thanks daniel
I tried the same and added it into the wiki pages on modules.
On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 08:02  PM, danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:

> Just kidding, but getting into modules has a bit of a learning curve,
> and it looks steeper from far away.
>
> So, from the tiny bit of experience I do have in this realm, I offer to
> help anyone that wants to get started on unloading modules.
>
> myMod _ (Module @ #(Squeak Network Applications MailReader)).
> myMod deepIncomingRefsFromOutside: myMod <explore - it>
>
> This gives you the number of classes in your module that things outside
> it depend on. If it's more than ten top level entries, you might want to
> start elsewhere...

Now during your analysis (a tool is missing here) you have to distinguish
between the good and the bad references. The good references are the
references to classes that are in your modules prerequisite chain.

I think that we should be able to ask a module its prereq modules. This
should be somewhere but I do not had the time to find it.

Stef