VM to run on AudioVox Maestro

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed May 22 20:14:07 UTC 2002

"Ohshima, Yoshiki" <Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com> wrote:
>   If you can live with less than 7MB Squeak heap, you can
> re-compile the VM so that the Squeak heap and the GAPI
> memory area don't overlap each other.  It would makse sense
> to put a slider or something on the initial screen so that
> we can specify the heap size manually.

Actually, I've wanted such a way to specify heap for a while, but never
got around to telling you about it.  Currently, the Squeak.mem file uses
up all or most of the free space on my CF card when I start Squeak for
WinCE.  Which is bad if you want to save new images, or work with any
data.  I'd love to be able to have some way to set that.

Aaron