[goodie] fancy transcript morph

Kris Gybels kris.gybels at vub.ac.be
Thu May 23 17:41:57 UTC 2002

Hi all,

You can find my 'fancy transcript morph' on my squeak website:

http://prog.vub.ac.be/~kgybels/squeak/

(it's the only thing to be found there btw :) )

It's nothing much but I'd thought I'd share it with you all anyway ... I
think I spend more time on writing the documentation and making the
website than on the code itself :)

What is it? quote from the website:

A Fancy Transcript Morph is like a transcript window, but looks fancier.
I created it because I felt transcript windows were never there when you
need them. Usually I'm opening a lot of different windows while I'm
working on some code and at some point the transcript window I have open
gets hidden behind a bunch of other windows. When I then try out some
code I can't see any debugging information that is being printed on the
transcript while the code is running so I have to wait till the code is
done and then try to find the transcript window again. A bit more clever
window positioning on my part would have of course solved this problem
but one day I was kind of bored so I tried my hand at making a new kind
of transcript window: one that would automatically pop up whenever
something is printed on the transcript. While at it I also put in some
fancy transparancy tricks.