[Q][NEWBIE]mp3 and other issues

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 23 10:45:04 UTC 2002

Stephan B. Wessels wrote
Try something out like this.  For this example, assume I have a folder named
³Luna² inside my Squeak folder.  And inside the ³Luna² folder there is a
file named ³activeBottom.bmp².

    fileName _ 'activeBottom.bmp'.
    folderName _ 'Luna'.
    folderDirectory _ FileDirectory default directoryNamed: folderName.
    fullName _ folderDirectory fullNameFor: fileName.

I appreciate your tip, my solution on this is
!TEGMain methodsFor: 'fileIn/out' stamp: 'EDC 4/28/2002 15:19'!
resetFolder
    FileDirectory setDefaultDirectory: oldFolder.! !

!TEGMain methodsFor: 'fileIn/out' stamp: 'EDC 5/15/2002 15:00'!
setFolder
    oldFolder _ FileDirectory default pathName.
newFolder _ FileList2 modalFolderSelector.
    FileDirectory setDefaultDirectory: newFolder pathName.! !

And when I wish to access mp3 do
NewFolder pathName,FileEirectory slash, Œfilexxx.mp3-

But I only a newbie.
The books said about ³polimorfism² and then why you have to do different
access methosds to files ?
This is my question