Best Old Version?

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri May 24 07:48:27 UTC 2002

Hola everyone-

I've been considering moving Dynapad to MVC. Morphic in 3.0 is too slow
out of the box.  In my experimentation, I've found that 2.6 is
considerably faster than 3.0 for Morphic.  So, I'm curious what people
think the best older version of Squeak is.  Not regarding Morphic speed,
but in general.  I didn't start really using Squeak a lot until 2.8,
which was always pretty stable for me.  Is 2.6 stable?  Or is there any
other older version that shines in the compromise between
lack-of-features and spiffiness?

Aaron