When can we call 3.2 done?

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue May 28 16:03:44 UTC 2002

Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu>  asked...

>Is Squeak 3.2 "done" for all intents and purposes?  What else needs to be accomplished before it's declared a release?

Yes.  It's been "done" for half a year except that we departed completely from the meaning of gamma, and it has become an undeclared-release-that-keeps-getting-updated.

I haven't put my foot down about this, nor have I done the final wrapup, because of being "other-focused".  Also, there were some good reasons for delaying, notably the desire to bring the VM generation tools current so that this release would have the Squeak hallmark of "completeness".

I won't commit to making it happen by June 1, but I have just checked that Scott has some time this week so, between the two of us, we could probably assemble something to test as a final 3.2 by this weekend.

Thanks for the nudge, Mark.

	- Dan