Sensible dynamic menus?

stephane ducasse (home) ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu May 30 17:39:44 UTC 2002

Hi

I was thinking about the problem of the world menu as this introduces a
lot of dependencies we will have to deal with. Here is an idea that I did
not have the time to implement.

We could have a kind of description based on symbol of how the menus
should look like. These descriptions could be used by central registration
mechanism to produce menus that are dynamic but can follow a certain
structure described by the menu description. The menu does not really have
to be fully dynamic but just recreated every times a new module is loaded
or unloaded.

Stef