[BUG][DUMB USER] Refactoring Browser

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Nov 1 13:30:26 UTC 2002

Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
>
> > About the naming dialog, actually, I'd like it to auto accept whatever
> > is typed in the line above, and lock up the display line, so it can't be
> > edited by mistake, but there's much I don't know about Morphic, and
> > those two are part of it. I'd be glad to improve that, so if anyone has
> > hints, snippets...
> >

> Yeah, this really bugs me as well.  Unfortunately I don't see a real
> easy way to solve it.

> What is wanted, I believe, for accept/cancel to
> work on the level of an entire dialogue, but right now it happens with
> each input field individually.  I usually solve this by having the
> target of the "do it" button manually call #accept on all of the text
> morphs before proceeding, but it's a very klunky solution.
>
> I guess a simple thing that would help a little is to make text morphs
> auto-accept whenever they lose focus.  I notice that this is how some of
> the string-editors in the omni-user environment work.  It should be
> reasonable to add yet one more flag to PluggableTextMorph for this, and
> to check for it in mouseLeave:.
Thinking about it, this doesn't quite get the effect I am looking for -
I wanted the display pane to be a sort of preview of what calls to the
method are going to look like. So it should ideally update after every
character change in the selector name, giving the user immidiate
feedback on the legality and legibility of the selector...

> Lex

Daniel Vainsencher