An uncomfortable question

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 1 21:13:44 UTC 2002

This discussion is getting skewed.   I do NOT advocate the need to be able to
have multiple versions of a single package loaded simultaneously as a
pre-requisite or other immediate need- the fact that I can do this in Oasis
right now gives me a different perspective on its utility, but this is NOT
required for the near term to move Squeak towards a more modular future.

> The work Goran, Avi, Ned and Daniel have done goes a long way towards
> addressing that need. If we can build on those tools, carve up the base
> image into packages, and come up with some better tools for distributed
> development, revision control and so on, I think we could do some
> really wonderful things with Squeak.

Yup - I fully agree on that.  I also have similar tools which I built for
Oasis that I would like to split out in the near future, perhaps during or (
hopefully not much later than ) OOPSLA.

> Cheers,
>
> Colin

Take care!